Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunset Cliffs by Point Loma


Sunset Cliffs national park is at Point Loma, San Diego. What is the significance of Point Loma? It is landing place of the first European expedition in California and therefore it is considered the starting point of where California began. The cliffs are breathtaking as you can see from the picture. A nice trail goes along the cliffs but you have to be careful as many parts of them are unstable and dangerous. At one of the cliffs I saw teenagers jumping from a height of several tens of feet down to the sea, which is quite daring. I almost wanted to do the same but then I remembered I am no longer in my teens. Anyway, it is a nice hike and I would do it again if it wasn't that far and the traffic can get really bad in that area.

No comments: