Sunday, June 09, 2013

Seattle

The IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Symposium (MTT-S) this year of 2013 was held in Seattle, Washington. One salient feature of Seattle is the Space Needle shown here. Another landmark is the Rainier mountain (can you identify it in the picture?). This picture was taken by a professional at the Space Needle with a blue backdrop, and then behold, they attach the backdrop you see in the picture. It beats any iPhone pictures I took. The weather in Seattle was OK, but nothing compared to San Diego area. We were lucky that it was sunny, which is quite unusual in Seattle. We were quite grateful we were not rained on during that week. They say that Seattle residents consume more sunshades than any other place in the USA per capita. That is because they can never remember where they kept them the last time it was sunny. So this is the great northwest they talk about. I don't care much for it. I think I got spoiled living in San Diego. To me I think there is no better place on earth than San Diego area.

No comments: