Saturday, September 01, 2012

Surfing in Labor Day


It is Labor Day long weekend and this is my first surfing experience. The weather was nice and warm. Yesterday we experienced a light earthquake at night around midnight. The bed was shaking a little bit, but nothing serious. I would not have noticed if they did not wake me up to tell me about it. I went back to sleep right after saying: "wow! An earthquake!". In any case, the waves condition today were not that great. It was rather windy and the waves were breaking in often rather than going smoothly for a while before they break, therefore not giving a good chance for the surfers to enjoy a long surf at each wave peak. They forecast the same windy conditions at the coast for the whole weekend so we might not get favorable surf conditions until next weekend. O well, there is nothing we can do about weather. As I said this is a new experience for me and will take a while before I can learn it properly and really enjoy it. I can see the potential fun in it, but it is not easy and needs good practice before one can really get the hang of it. Take it from a beginner.

No comments: